Performing Hajj and Umrah is what every believer of Islam desires to do once in a lifetime. Performing these sacred events requires Muslims to travel to the holy land, Mecca, in Saudi Arabia.
Visiting Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj or Umrah isn’t an easy walk. Since the Saudi host more than 2 million visitors each year, it is essential for the Saudi Government to have keen security and laws to avoid inconveniences in the sacred events. To make sure every pilgrim is showed up to Mecca is performing his/her pilgrimage to their heart content, the Saudi Government made up few laws, and the individuals who are planning to go to Mecca to perform their pilgrimage are subjected to apply for a visa, meet the requirements and then have a disciplined journey. Usually, the pilgrims are allowed to visit Mecca, Medina, and Jeddah only when visiting Saudi Arabia with a Hajj and Umrah visa.
So, let’s have a look at the visa requirements for Hajj and Umrah
Visa Requirements for Hajj and Umrah
The pilgrims first have to appoint the best travel agency to take care of their visas and paraphernalia. But if you are on a pilgrimage, then here is the list of requirements.
- A completed and original visa application form for Umrah or Hajj. The declaration must be carefully read and signed at the end. If you need the visa application by post, you need to send a large, self-addressed envelope to the nearest Saudi consulate.
- One recent photograph with a white background should be attached to the application form.
- A valid passport with validity for at least six months from the submission date of the application form.
- Confirmed airline ticket. If you are visiting Mecca to perform Umrah, then departure should be within two weeks from the date of entry.
- Their Mahram should accompany women and children. Proof of the relationship is required, and the Mahram must travel in and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children. In case a woman is older than 45, she is allowed to enter without a Mahram only if she is traveling with an organized group or family. Also, a No Objection Certificate from her husband has to be submitted.
- The vaccination certificates against the Meningococcal should be submitted. The certificate should have been issued not less than ten days and not more than three years. The individual must carry the certificate on entry to Saudi Arabia.
There are also a few geographical boundaries and restrictions that may cost you a penalty when not followed.
- The Hajj and Umrah visas are free, but you have to pay for the services you are provided in Saudi Arabia. And overstaying your Hajj and Umrah visa includes fines and penalties amounting to thousands of dollars and detention.
- The pilgrim must depart before the visa expires, and the pilgrims are forbidden to stay in Saudi Arabia after the pilgrimage period.
- The visa is valid for travel only in the vicinities of Jeddah, Mecca, and Madinah and the cities in between. These visas do not permit visitors to travel to other cities in Saudi Arabia.
Though meeting the requirements for a visa seem to be a piece of cake. It is always a better option to have a Hajj and Umrah travel agency doing it for you. All you need to do is find the right travel agency and let them handle the stuff you don’t have to fret about for your essential journey of life. Let Sara International Travel do it all for you and you enjoy your pilgrimage to the heart content. From picking the right hajj packages to traveling, accommodation, and the food, we assist you all the way long in your essential journey of life. We at Sara International Travel take the pleasure of serving you the best with the expertise in Hajj and Umrah services.
[qodef_button size=”” type=”” text=”Check out 2021 Hajj Packages USA” custom_class=”” icon_pack=”font_awesome” fa_icon=”” link=”https://www.sarainternationaltravel.com/2021-hajj-packages/” target=”_blank” color=”” hover_color=”” background_color=”” hover_background_color=”” border_color=”” hover_border_color=”” font_size=”” font_weight=”” margin=””]